For 25 years, we have defined and refined middle market lending, delivering solutions for middle market companies and private equity sponsors. We pioneered the one-stop, or unitranche (“GOLD”) loan, and we continue to develop new structures to support our lending partners. Our expertise and our disciplined processes enable us to respond with speed, consistency and reliability, inspiring repeat clients again and again.
Golub Capital Knows Middle Market Credit.
And No One Executes Better.
Today, Golub Capital has over $30 billion of capital under management, with lending offices in Chicago, New York and San Francisco, and focuses on three business lines:
- Middle Market Lending: Offering senior, one-stop and second lien loans to U.S. middle market companies
- Late Stage Lending: Providing flexible debt for fast-growing tech companies to expand without significant equity dilution
- Broadly Syndicated Loans: Curating a portfolio of liquid senior secured loans to larger enterprises
Golub Capital uses a “bottom-up,” granular and analytic approach to credit. We seek to be nimble decision makers but strive to preserve capital by maintaining disciplined controls and processes. We prefer to present unique solutions tailored to address the circumstances at hand.
GOLD STANDARD PROCESS:
- World-class middle and back office
- Market leading policies, procedures and systems
- $10 million+ invested in technology systems
- Customized loan management systems
- Proprietary portfolio monitoring
- Workflow automation
- Detailed reporting
Our scalable systems allow us to manage the portfolio, examine analytics in real time and enhance decision-making throughout the transaction process. We strive to minimize operational uncertainty.
The Golub Capital leadership team works collaboratively to provide thoughtful, timely and reliable solutions for our partners.
Golub Capital has been recognized with dozens of national and international awards including:
Lender Firm of the Year
Lender of the Year, Americas
(2015, 2016, 2018)
CLO Manager of the Year, Americas
Lender of the Year
2018 Best Middle Market CLO
Business Development Company of the Year (2015, 2016, 2017)
Senior Lender of the Year, Americas
(2015, 2016, 2017)
Best Middle Market CLO: Golub Capital Partners 18 (M)-R (2017)
Best U.S. CLO Redeemed
2016 Consumer Staples Deal of the Year (over $500MM)
Best Business Development Company
- Based on the number of votes cast on Pension Debt Investor’s website. Peer group consisted of firms that applied or were nominated.
- Based on deal volume and influence in the industry as determined by Mergers & Acquisitions editorial team.
- Based on an independent judging committee of 29 top M&A industry experts. Over 230 nominees, representing over 600 companies, became finalists for the awards. Golub Capital paid a nominal fee to be considered for these awards.
- Based on the average ranking of each CLO relative to its peers by five different performance metrics, in order to reward the managers who have achieved the greatest performance for all classes of investors: change in junior overcollateralization; weighted average rating factor, average collateral value, weighted average spread, cash-on-cash return to equity; and equity volatility. Peer group consists of CLOs that invested in mid-market collateral that are within their reinvestment period and listed on CLO-I (Creditflux’s database).
Note: The awards shown above may not be representative of any one client’s experience. Past performance is not an indicator of future results.